Loving memories in Tarcisian Convent's Choir

story told by MummyAya
It has been a while since i last wrote.This morning i really couldn't sleep due to fever.While i was going through some of maxim's songs on imeem,i came across a song that i really knew.Am proud to say that i was part of the song-making.Yup i sang it.

When i was in secondary school,i wasn't really active in any clubs.Just one particular club that really made me feels at home.Choir.

I loves music since i was small.Thanks to god,i had a voice to sing.

Although many of our schoolmates thought that being in choir was all about fame,power and the girls were mistakenly taken for being gedix.Yea,maybe some of them..haha.But honestly,it wasn't that sweet.We worked really hard.We got scoldings every day.Just to be good.Too bad nowadays the choir are not as strong as it used to.

I still remembers the day of the audition.I sang 'hero' by mariah carey to su ann.She's the leader of the pack.Sometimes she;s bubly,sometimes she's so garang we'll be so scared of her.But no one could replace her.Honestly.

That whole year all i could think of was all about choir.Practice starts at 8 until 5.No class.But still have to catch up.And there's practices over weekends,holidays.

I still remembers how Pn Gan,our principal,would stare at us from the back of the school hall just to see how we're doing.I wonder how she's doing now.

Thank god,we've been blessed.By winning all the way to national champs.Until now i still remembers every bit of it.All of it.How i cried to tia while waiting for the results in dewan sri penang.I told her i'm scared if i did a mistake.And how we all screamed our throat out when we heard the results.Gosh.

And then there was a royal concert.In istana budaya.Am really proud to have been singing there.

And i still remembers how they played pranks on me in kl,in our hotel.Yes tia,fairuza and all of u,i ingat lg.But that was forgiven.And that was when i first became aneroxic.Then later Pn Gan came and pujuk me,asking me to eat.Oh yea,i got my first crush to that cikgu R during that time also.Hehe.

THE FOLLOWING YEAR,

I quit from choir.I dont know why.And the following year i came back in.It was shalini who was the conductor.We made it through all the way to national champ.But due to technical problems,we got 4th place.Because of the lining in,the sound system that was terrible.All of us was so dissappointed.I was so devastated that i stopped singing after that..I'm sorry guys,i just couldn't go on.That was my life.My choir,my sisters.

We've done our best,and to me,we're the divas in that era.Aren't we?We're tcs pride and joy.

I just hope that everyone would remember all this journey we've had.I sure do.I love u guys.Really.Thank you to everyone who has been supporting.My mom,my dad...

Here's a song we sang.Thanks to wai vern.Our junior.



when you believe - tcs choir 2000

Many nights we pray
With no proof anyone could hear
In our heart's a hopeful song
We barely understood
Now we are not afraid
Although we know there's much to fear
We were moving mountains long before we knew we could

There can be miracles, when you believe
Though hope frail, it's hard to kill
Who knows what miracles you can achieve
When you believe
Somehow you will…
You will when you believe

Easy to despair,
When all you hear is fear and lies
Easy just to run and hide,
Too frightened to begin
But if we dare to dare
Don't wait for answers from the skies
Each of us can look inside
And hear this song within

There can be miracles, when you believe
Though hope frail, it's hard to kill
Who knows what miracles you can achieve
When you believe
Somehow you will…
You will when you believe

They don't always happen when you ask
And it's easy to give in to your fear
But when you're blinded by your faith
Can't see your way clear through the rain
A small but still resilient voice,
Says hope is very near

(There can be miracles, when you believe)
Though hope is frail, it's hard to kill
Who knows what miracles you can achieve
When you believe
Somehow you will…
(Now you will)
And now you will
You will when you believe

0 buzzss on "Loving memories in Tarcisian Convent's Choir"

Post a Comment